- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The ICB’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa.
The ICB makes use of email communication. The email communication are for the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Reproduction, dissemination or distribution of messages are prohibited unless authorised by the original sender.
If you received an email from the ICB, but you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. Reproduction, dissemination or distribution of the message received is prohibited unless authorised by the original sender. Please also refrain from reading, keeping, using, disclosing, copying or distributing the email(s) without the sender’s prior permission. The views expressed by the sender are not necessarily those of Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (Pty) Ltd (The ICB).
Although all measures have been taken, the ICB cannot be held liable for any harm or loss resulting from malicious software code or viruses in the messages or attachments, including any data corruption resulting thereof.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
After submitted, may not be cancelled, in whole, or in part, or varied in any manner whatsoever, unless confirmed in writing by the ICB.
Quoted prices are inclusive of VAT, unless otherwise stated.
The following methods of payment will be accepted:
- Credit Card via Secured Website:
You can use our secure online shopping cart in our Student Portal (https://secureicb.co.za/learner) to make your purchase and pay with your Visa or Mastercard. Your order will only be dispatched once the funds have cleared into our bank account.
- Direct Deposit/EFT:
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers are happy to accept payments made directly to our bank account via electronic funds transfer or bank deposit. To use this option please select Direct Deposit in the checkout process. Please note that our website will show our bank details on the confirmation page. Please use your ICB reference number or South African ID number as a reference so we can match the payments on our end for faster shipping. Your order will only be dispatched once the funds have cleared into our bank account.
You can now pay your ICB fees in South Africa using the SnapScan app for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry smartphones. Please see our Prospectus, Exam Entry and Student Details forms for our SnapScan code. There is no extra cost to download or use SnapScan. SnapScan allows you to make safe and secure payments directly from your account at any bank.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers will deliver your package where applicable to the address stipulated on your application forms. All packages will be sent either via the South African Postal Service or via a designated courier service.
The ICB will endeavour to have all orders dispatched within 7 workings days of your order being placed once payment has cleared into our account. If/when stocks are low, delivery may be delayed.
Registration and exam entries for assessment may be cancelled at any time.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers will not be held accountable for any decision for cancellation made.
The ICB does not issue refunds of any registration and exam fees paid.
The ICB has a separate Exam Policy that needs to be referenced for the ICB’s rules and regulations with regards to entry for exams and postponements, etc.
If the Buyer is in any way in breach of the agreement and the Company engages the services of an attorney to collect the whole or portion of the amount owing to it by the Buyer, or to sue for any other damages as a result of breach by the Buyer, the Buyer shall be liable to pay all costs occasioned as a result thereof, including collection charges and costs on an attorney and own client scale.
Limitation of Liability
The ICB, its officers, directors, servants or agents will under no circumstances be liable for any claim for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any person whether to their person or property, howsoever caused whether or not arising from any act, omission, default, or negligence on the part of The ICB.
If the agreement becomes wholly or partially impossible to perform due to causes beyond the control of the Company, such causes to include, but not be limited to; war, civil insurrection, vis maior, Government action and industrial disputes, the ICB shall be permitted to rescind the agreement at its discretion. If deliveries of goods or services shall be delayed as a result of such causes, the Company shall not be construed as being in breach of the agreement.
Domicilium Citandi Et Executandi
The Company hereby elects as its domicilium citandi et executandi, at which it will accept service of any process or notice:
3rd Floor, Gradu8Ed House, Century City Square, Heron Crescent, Century City, 8000, Cape Town, South Africa