Been searching for a job and now the moment of truth, an interview date has been set!
Interviews can be nerve-wrecking, but with preparation and practice, you can improve your interview skills and increase your chances of success.
Here are some interview skills and advice to help you prepare for your next job interview:
- Research the company: Before the interview, research the company and the position you are interviewing This will help you understand the company’s mision, culture and values and prepare you to answer questions about why you want to work there.
- Practice your responses: Practice answering common interview questions, such as “Tell me about yourself” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” This will help you feel more confident and prepared during the interview.
- Dress appropriately: Dress professionally for the interview, even if the company has a casual dress code. This shows you take the interview seriously and are respectful of the company’s culture.
- Be on time: Arrive early to the interview to allow time for unexpected delays. Being on time shows that you are reliable and punctual.
- Make eye contact and show enthusiasm. During the interview, make eye contact with the interviewer and show enthusiasm for the position and the company
- Ask questions: Prepare questions to ask the interview about the company, the position, and the culture. This shows that you are interested in the company and have done your research
- Don’t ask about salary at first: Only discuss salary expectations once the interviewer asks. Make sure you have prepared questions about the company, the job, the future bosses expectation and not ask about salary first.
- Follow up – After the interview, send a thank you email to the interviewer to express your appreciation for the opportunity and reiterate your interest in the position.
By following these interview skills and advice, you can improve your chances of success and make a positive impression on the interview. Remember, preparation and practice are key to a successful job interview.
No interview as yet?
Have you got a profile on a Job portal or LinkedIn yet?
Qualifications do definitely set you apart from other candidates, have a look at this video how ICB can help.
And contact us here to start your journey with the ICB.